We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for...
SFCG is seeking an Intern for Spring, March - June, 2018 timeframe, to provide support to the Human Resources Department. The Intern will be involved with international employment related projects. The Intern will gain experience in international employment Laws, Employment Contracting process, Taxation, meeting coordination, audits, and other projects as they occur day to day in the Department.
Search for Common Ground has a great work environment with a mission of peace-building in the world, hard-working and friendly environment.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Audit of country office registration status and bilateral agreements
- Research host country employment labor laws to determine taxation requirements
- Develop a list of countries by risk
- Coordinate with country office HR Focal Points for missing data
- Assist with cost analysis with the Regional Finance Managers and HQ/Finance Departments
- Prepare project reports
- Provide administrative support to the HR Department as needed
As internship descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A junior, senior, or graduate student, majoring in administration, business, or related field
- Strong, hard-working work ethic
- Mature, pleasant and honest manner with a high degree of professional and personal ethics
- Highly confidential manner
- Positive customer service attitude
- French language skills a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn and implement tasks quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent and professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and experience with Internet research
- Desire to work in a non-profit setting
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively and independently in a team environment, with the ability to respond rapidly to changes, yet remain focused on the priorities
While we will make this a very rewarding internship experience for you, please note that this is an unpaid internship.
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume to our employment website here.
Please submit the following:
- cover letter
Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. In your cover letter, please clearly state why our program is of interest to you, what you can bring to the organization, and what experience you hope to gain from the internship. Also, include the dates of your availability and the number of hours per week to which you can commit. Candidates who can intern a minimum of 24 hours per week are preferred.
While we will make this a very rewarding internship experience for you, note this is an unpaid internship.
NOTE: Local Washington, DC Metro Area (DC, MD or VA) Candidates Only, unless you are relocating to the DC area at your own expense.
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- at least 24 hours per week