- Create a welcoming environment while serving as a facilitator during supervised parenting time at Karlis Family Center.
- Complete initial training with Director of Parenting Time program.
- Complete volunteer checklist including training hours.
- Follow procedures for transition and supervision of children.
- Document objective observations according to the House Rules.
- Complete and sign you record of hours.
- Abide by all volunteer program House Rules
- Completion of volunteer orientation and background check.
- Sufficient knowledge of conditions that require supervised visitations, i.e. physical or sexual abuse, neglect, chemical dependency, and/or mental illness.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be dependable - when scheduled to volunteer, must honor commitment and understand the consequences of calling in or no-showing for a shift.
- Must have good judgment, maturity, common sense, and a high degree of responsibility.
- The volunteer will act in a non-discriminatory manner toward all clients, regardless of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, physical handicap, political affiliations, social or economic status, affliction preference, or sexual orientation.
- Sufficient knowledge of conditions that may require the use of our facility, i.e. Court ordered families, domestic violence, physical or sexual abuse, neglect, chemical dependency, and/or mental illness.
- Complete mandatory follow up training including, but not limited to the Domestic Violence training.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteers will coordinate their monthly schedule
- Please send your resume and brief cover letter to Erika Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org