Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Based in Bamenda and occasionally travel and work in parts of Mezam, Momo, and Menchum Divisions of the North West Region of Cameroon
Date of Joining: Soonest
Duration: 3 months - 12 months
Working Language: English
Conditions of work: Full-time, with flexibility (holiday allocation TBC on arrival)
Flexibility: Both the volunteer and NDEF will be flexible to adapt to changes in the placement description as time evolves.
Reporting to: Coordinator
Summary: We are preparing a project titled "Promoting Livelihoods and Biodiversity Conservation through a Farmers’ Agroforestry Resource Centre and Demonstration Farm". We need a volunteer who will work towards the successful realisation of the project. The volunteer will participate in mobilizing the necessary resources for the project; work with a team to implement the project and prepare reports on the activities of the project.
The Project Manager will:
- Oversee all project activities and liaise with all field staff.
- Ensure project activities comply with the project document.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis to stakeholders.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports and sending of new funding requests.
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work with other staff and volunteers in the project.
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in the project agreements.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- A motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Supporting documents
University degree or post graduate diploma in Economics or in any management related discipline.
Support: The Coordinator will be available for necessary training, questions and assistance.
An external room will be provided within a family home close to the office. The room contains the following facilities:
- Bed, table, chair
- Kitchen with gas and utensils
- Toilet and shower
- Electricity and water
Application or any questions should be addressed to the Coordinator of NDEF Cameroon by e-mail at: email@example.com
- Financial Planning
- Basic Computer Skills
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Full time