Studio Hosts support the day-to-day operations and overall culture of courageous heARTS by creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere, serving as creative mentors to youth, and ensuring our studio remains a positive, accepting and brave space for personal exploration and creative risk-taking. This position serves the organization on a weekly basis during a the programming season and is vital to the fulfillment of heARTS’ mission.
- Attend mandatory orientation session, as well as professional development opportunities such as the monthly Community Reflection Circle.
- Serve as a positive role model, engaging in strength-based youth development strategies.
- Engage in community building strategies such as ice-breakers and group reflection.
- Model creative expression and exploration by maintaining a flexible, "Let’s figure it out." attitude.
- Maintain required program and personnel documentation, including: class attendance forms, participant registrations, and timesheets.
- Assist with daily cleaning and general operation needs.
- Notify lead staff in advance of absences and help secure a substitute for your shift.
- Serve as a champion for courageous heARTS in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to commit to a full session of weekly volunteer work with courageous heARTS.
- Proven experience working with youth and a healthy dose of creative confidence.
- Willingness to engage in trauma-informed and restorative approaches.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Dedicated to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Organized, flexible, and patient.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Fluent in Spanish or Somali a plus.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Visual Arts
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- 2.5 hrs/week
- Must be able to commit to weekly Monday afternoon shifts through May.