Locations vary throughout the South Bronx.
The first supermarket-style food pantry, West Side Campaign Against Hunger, in collaboration with 14 partner sites in Upper Manhattan and the South Bronx, launched an innovative mobile food pantry program to serve individuals living in food deserts. About 150 customers are served for each site visited per month.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist Mobile Pantry staff with setup at partner sites (stocking shelves, setting up tables, organizing equipment)
- Check-in customers
- Customer service support (assist customers shopping, crowd control, directing people)
- Restocking Mobile Pantry through service delivery
- Assist Mobile Pantry staff with breakdown of pantry (clean shelves, wipe bins, collect garbage, remove any signs, break down any technology, cooking demo, or other activities)
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible; Weekday Shifts from 9am - 1pm
- Bilingual (English and Spanish). Customer Service Skills. Ability to lift 25lbs preferred