Covenant Creatures is a non-profit corporation registered in the state of Washington. We provide veterinary care, pet products and education for our low income, homeless, senior, and disabled neighbors. As a non-profit, we receive no government funding and rely solely on donations. Nutrition, medication, education, and other aspects of the care for companion animals are paid for through the good will of the public, grants, and our volunteers!
Covenant Creatures is seeking a grant writer to research, apply for and track received grants that support development and funding of our programs. This is a volunteer or in-kind position; there is no salary. One year minimum commitment is required. We are located in Olympia, WA however this position can be filled virtually and information/documentation shared via an online work space if the ideal volunteer is not local to us.
- Understand the scope of programming at Covenant Creatures.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit, and track/manage grant proposals and grants received.
- Perform prospect research and determine potential matching grants for the organization.
- Work with Board designee to obtain information needed to apply for grants.
- Comply with all grant reporting requirements and timelines.
- Maintain current records in a database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Report to Board designee about ongoing opportunities and tasks.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, complete, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors strongly preferred.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours/month
- one-year commitment