We are looking for dedicated, passionate individuals to join us as a we strengthen education, fight generational illiteracy and provide better opportunities for Haiti's children.
The Board will support the work of Carl's Village and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Carl's Village’s executive director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as she develops and implements Carl's Village’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Carl's Village for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving Carl's Village’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the ED
- Assisting the ED and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the ED and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing Carl's Village to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Carl’s Village's commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Carl's Village serves
- Each Board Member is responsible for generating a minimum fundraising amount for each year of board membership.
- Board Members will serve a one-year term and will continue to be eligible for re-appointment to additional terms on an annual basis.
- Board meetings will be held quarterly.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Hatian / Creole
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year