3K9 Working Dogs,Inc. is offering a unique opportunity for a volunteer or intern working within a 501C. This position assists in various aspects of grant writing and research to help secure funding for 3K9 Working Dog, Inc's programs. This opportunity is an ideal fit for a college student with strong writing and research skills who is interested in exploring nonprofit fundraising.
Reports to: Owner, Head Trainer, and/or Volunteer Co-Ordinator.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week. Flexible schedule within established guidelines.
Term of Position: Requires a 12-week commitment and can be renewed based on mutual agreement.
- Identify grant opportunities that are a strong fit with 3K9 Working Dogs, Inc.'s programs and relevant to the company’s mission, goals, and strategic plan, including grants available this year and future grant prospects.
- Gather up-to-date information on federal, state, and local trends and issues that affect service animal programs and clients.
- Secure supporting data, documentation, and letters of support to enhance grant applications.
- Draft letters of inquiry for identified funding matches.
- Write and compile materials for small grant applications.
- Assist with proofreading and editing of final projects.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. However, this opportunity provides the following benefits:
- Academic Credit: If available through your college/university, 3K9 Working Dogs, Inc. will complete any necessary forms to demonstrate eligibility.
- Inside look and active involvement in fundraising for a nonprofit organization.
- Solid resume builder and future employment reference.
- Proficiency with internet research.
- Well versed in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Committed to supporting 3K9 Working Dogs, Inc.'s mission.
- Ability to prioritize projects and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Thrives in an environment that requires both independent and collaborative work.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 12 weeks