Because our programs are fully staffed, most volunteer activities are project based. To request a program tour and learn more about our volunteer opportunities, please contact Linda Grace, Regional Development Officer, 775-322-7143 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Family Shelter Events
- Sponsor a monthly birthday party for children residing at the Family Shelter (including games and snacks for about 60 people, birthday presents for the birthday children, and goodie bags for about 50 children).
- Sponsor a quarterly baby shower for new and expectant Mothers residing in the Family Shelter. (including games and snacks for about 15 people, shower gifts for the expectant Mothers, and goodie bags for about 10 additional children).
- Plan a special activity such as craft night, game night.
- Sponsor the annual Christmas party for children residing at the Family Shelter (including games, food and snacks for about 60 people, goodie bags for about 50 children).
- Participate in Operation Backpack during the months of June and July. (Backpacks filled with school supplies are collected for children served by Family Shelter, ReStart, and WCSD Children in Transition program).
- Help staff in the Family Shelter at the front desk by greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, etc.
The following volunteer opportunities require a background check:
Help with cleaning activities between 8-11:00 a.m.
Help with cleaning activities between 8-10:00 a.m.
- Clerical assistance including filing, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Accompany ReStart case manager on home visits
- Help staff in the Resource Center at the front desk by greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, and sort mail.
- Participate in the Golden Tampon Drive during the month of May. Collection drive of feminine hygiene products for women receiving services at VOA.
- Hold a fundraising event in support of our programs.
- Hold a collection drive to collect items for shelter residents:
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Project Based or 6 hours per week