Explore new worlds as a Virtual Reality Guide
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2635 Aborn RoadSan Jose, CA 95121
Help customers experience the digital world like never before with the library’s Virtual Reality headsets! VR Guides help make Virtual Reality more accessible to library customers by teaching them how to operate and use SJPL VR headsets and equipment, and making sure that participants take appropriate breaks. For a peek at what it looks like, please look at the pictures taken at the VR Launch Event at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Library.
Must be able to commit to 2-3 hours a week.
* Age 15 or older
* Enthusiasm for technology or experience with oculus rift a plus
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to interact effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with a range of computer abilities.
* Bilingual a plus (Spanish,Vietnamese), but not required
* Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours a week