The Giving Spirit is currently seeking a volunteer experienced publicist or agency seeking pro bono work. We are fortunate in that we have a lot of interesting activities and sometimes have celebrities and local officials at our events, but our Marketing and Communications committee lacks the experience and time to maximize and publicize these events.
We are looking for an individual or agency to prepare press releases, pitch, manage media and connections at 2x yearly events and in general help promote our publicity. We have endless fantastic photos and numerous videos that could easily be used get attention with some solid, talented effort.
If you think you might be this person or agency, please don't hesitate to inquire. We are a 100% volunteer organization and while we are fortunate to have lots of talent, we are lacking in this area.
- Brainstorm, pitch and secure proactive media opportunities, op-ed placements, influencer meetings and events through traditional and digital channels. Target outlets include: Huffington Post, Good, Upworthy, Mashable, L.A. Times, NPR, etc.
- Develop a yearly media strategy in conjunction with the Marcom Committee Chair and Director of Social Media and communicate the strategy to TGS executive and committees.
- Prepare communications materials including media alerts, press releases, web content, event posters and flyers.
- Distribute the communications materials to target media outlets.
- Develop and maintain a list of target media.
- Develop relationships with media personnel as the key point of contact for media inquiries.
- Coordinate media interviews with key spokespeople prior to events and during TGS events.
- Support spokespeople by providing speaking points if required.
- Distribute media coverage to senior executive, committee members and social media manager.
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Flexible based on volunteer
- Must be present at 2x annual events in LA