Put your energy and passion to use and become part of a local non-profit organization! Do you love to
make a difference in the community you live in? Do you want to help an agency whose mission is to move
people forward? Are you detailed-oriented, good with numbers, and dedicated? Then this internship is
perfect for you!
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and the Accounting team, the Accounting Intern is
responsible for assisting with various tasks to ensure Waypoint’s programs run smoothly. Waypoint
programs include: KidsPoint Child Care, Homeless & Housing Services, and Domestic Violence Victim
Part-time with flexible hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Semester commitments are preferred, but
can be adjusted to fit your schedule.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with month-end financial reports
- Post journal entries
- Help with accounts receivable, payable, and bank statement reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Work with the accounting team on yearly forecasting efforts
- Analyze financial data
- Data entry and filing
- Assist with other accounting duties as assigned
- Pursuing or have completed a post-secondary degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting,
or other related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Real world experience with finance and accounting software
- Skills to utilize in the job market
- The knowledge that your work is making a difference in the community
About Waypoint Services
318 5th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
To strengthen and empower individuals who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic violence; and give children access to gaining the essential skills vital to reaching their full potential through quality child care.
Aiding individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, poverty, or domestic violence, Waypoint serves as a vital community resource. Throughout its 121-year history, Waypoint has dedicated itself to providing human services that meet the ever-evolving needs of area women, children, and families.