Family Support Internship
7 people are interested
Put your energy and passion to use and become part of a local non-profit organization!
KidsPoint Child Care programs (managed by Waypoint) serve over 500 children daily through two Learning Center & Preschools, eleven before/after school sites, and multiple Summer Day Camps. Providing a warm, welcoming environment to children ages 6 weeks through 12 years-old, KidsPoint instills a love of learning through exploration-driven skill development.
Under the direction of the Family Support Specialist, the Family Support Intern is responsible for assisting the Child Care team with various tasks, with a particular focus on families receiving financial assistance who work with the Family Support Specialist.
Part-time with flexible hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Semester commitments are preferred, but can be adjusted to fit your schedule.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Filing and data entry
- Processing of assistance renewals
- Research available community resources for clients
- Direct client support
- Shadow/facilitate home visits
- Provide timely follow-up calls/reminders for clients as necessary
- Customer Satisfaction
- Help with analysis of parent satisfaction survey and other data collection
- Support in development of new ways to train staff and increase parent satisfaction
- Classroom Support
- Assist in classrooms when additional help is needed
- Observe activities in various classrooms
- Excellent communication
- Innovation and creativity
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, Excel in particular
- Experience with children and administration work is preferred, but not required
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Direct experience working with children and families utilizing child care programs
- Knowledge of both nonprofit and business best practices
Contact Brittany Appleton, Event & Volunteer Manager at 319.731.6118 or firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
About Waypoint Services
318 5th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
To strengthen and empower individuals who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic violence; and give children access to gaining the essential skills vital to reaching their full potential through quality child care.
Aiding individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, poverty, or domestic violence, Waypoint serves as a vital community resource. Throughout its 121-year history, Waypoint has dedicated itself to providing human services that meet the ever-evolving needs of area women, children, and families.
We'll work with your schedule.
318 5th Street SECedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Administrative Support
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule Monday-Friday, 8-5