Family Support Internship
6 people are interested
Put your energy and passion to use and become part of a local non-profit organization!
KidsPoint Child Care programs (managed by Waypoint) serve over 500 children daily through two Learning Center & Preschools, eleven before/after school sites, and multiple Summer Day Camps. Providing a warm, welcoming environment to children ages 6 weeks through 12 years-old, KidsPoint instills a love of learning through exploration-driven skill development.
Under the direction of the Family Support Specialist, the Family Support Intern is responsible for assisting the Child Care team with various tasks, with a particular focus on families receiving financial assistance who work with the Family Support Specialist.
Part-time with flexible hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Semester commitments are preferred, but can be adjusted to fit your schedule.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Filing and data entry
- Processing of assistance renewals
- Research available community resources for clients
- Direct client support
- Shadow/facilitate home visits
- Provide timely follow-up calls/reminders for clients as necessary
- Customer Satisfaction
- Help with analysis of parent satisfaction survey and other data collection
- Support in development of new ways to train staff and increase parent satisfaction
- Classroom Support
- Assist in classrooms when additional help is needed
- Observe activities in various classrooms
- Excellent communication
- Innovation and creativity
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, Excel in particular
- Experience with children and administration work is preferred, but not required
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Direct experience working with children and families utilizing child care programs
- Knowledge of both nonprofit and business best practices
Contact Brittany Appleton, Event & Volunteer Manager at 319.731.6118 or email@example.com with additional questions.
We'll work with your schedule.
318 5th Street SECedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Administrative Support
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule Monday-Friday, 8-5