Resource Development & Marketing Internship
3 people are interested
Put your energy and passion to use and become part of a local non-profit organization! Do you want to
support an agency whose mission is to move people forward? Are you creative, hardworking, and
dedicated? Then this internship is perfect for you!
Under the direction of the Chief Development & Marketing Officer, the Event & Marketing Intern is
responsible for assisting the Resource & Development Team with awareness campaigns, event
coordination, external marketing efforts, and volunteer engagement.
Part-time with flexible hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Semester commitments are preferred, but
can be adjusted to fit your schedule. Evening and weekend hours may be available, but are not required.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support marketing efforts for the following awareness campaigns:
- 10 Red Flags of Domestic/Dating Violence
- Gentleman Campaign
- I Believe in Waypoint Campaign
- Assist in planning and executing the following fundraising events:
- Waypoint Wonderland,
- May Baskets for the Homeless
- Tribute to Women of Achievement
- The Gentleman Campaign Benefit Motorcycle Ride
- Support various marketing efforts, including:
- Creating, editing, and distributing marketing materials
- Developing social media engagement plans for Waypoint and KidsPoint Child Care
- Ensure website content is accurate, engaging, and up-to-date
- Assist with coordination and promotion of volunteer projects
- Other duties related to Resource Development and Marketing efforts as assigned
- Excellent communication, networking, and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Openness to working collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and community members
- Experience in sales, marketing, or event promotion is preferred, but not required
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- An understanding of the intricacies of the nonprofit world and nonprofit best practices
- Knowledge of community resources related to child care, housing and shelter, and victim services
- The ability to communicate the program’s mission, purpose, and procedures accurately to a variety of public audiences
About Waypoint Services
318 5th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
To strengthen and empower individuals who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic violence; and give children access to gaining the essential skills vital to reaching their full potential through quality child care.
Aiding individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, poverty, or domestic violence, Waypoint serves as a vital community resource. Throughout its 121-year history, Waypoint has dedicated itself to providing human services that meet the ever-evolving needs of area women, children, and families.
We'll work with your schedule.
318 5th Street SECedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule Monday-Friday, 8-5