Human Resources Internship
Put your energy and passion to use and become part of a local non-profit organization! Do you love to
make a difference in the community you live in? Do you want to help an agency whose mission is to move
people forward? Are you detailed-oriented, good with numbers, and dedicated? Then this internship is
perfect for you!
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and the Human Resources team, the Human Resources
Intern is responsible for assisting the Human Resources team with various tasks to ensure Waypoint’s
programs run smoothly. Waypoint’s programs include: KidsPoint Child Care, Homeless & Housing
Services, and Domestic Violence Victim Services.
Part-time with flexible hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Semester commitments are preferred, but
can be adjusted to fit your schedule.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Human Resources with projects and new hire orientation
- Make entries into applicant tracking systems
- Performs a wide range of duties with employee records and reports
- Interacts with and provides information to job applicants and employees
- Provides clerical and operational support to human resources
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
- Assist with the Project Culture team, working to improve the workplace experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective communication
- Collaborative worker
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Real world experience with the new hire process at a nonprofit organization
- Improved communication and critical thinking skills
- Insight into other duties and necessary skills in the Human Resources field
- Knowledge that your work is making an impact in the community
About Waypoint Services
318 5th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
To strengthen and empower individuals who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic violence; and give children access to gaining the essential skills vital to reaching their full potential through quality child care.
Aiding individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, poverty, or domestic violence, Waypoint serves as a vital community resource. Throughout its 121-year history, Waypoint has dedicated itself to providing human services that meet the ever-evolving needs of area women, children, and families.