Do you maintain healthy financial habits and encourage others to do the same?
Are you experienced in maintaining financial records?
Join Girl Scouts San Diego as a volunteer Service Unit Treasurer, serving as the point person in your service unit for financial guidance and overseeing financial record keeping in your region.
Girl Scouts San Diego does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, or age, and its volunteer positions are open to all qualified persons.
The schedule is flexible (based on your availability), requiring approximately 10-15 hours per month for one year (with the possibility of annual renewal).
- Strong communication skills needed to educate volunteers with a range of prior knowledge in following complex processes related to finance.
- Great organizational skills and a comfort in manipulating electronic spreadsheets.
- A positive disposition toward problem-solving.
- Oversee financial transactions at the troop and service unit level.
- Educate Girl Scout members in developing healthy financial practices and in maintaining financial records.
- Collaborate with the service unit team to review troop fund-raising project applications.
- Serve as advisor to troops regarding financial guidelines and proper use of funds, while collaborating with Girl Scout staff for clarification of details and/or conflicts that may arise.
- Maintain a Girl Scout membership and current background screening.
- Complete the Service Unit Treasurer training and maintain a positive working relationship with you Service Unit team and Girl Scout staff.
- Embrace and promote the Girl Scout Promise and Law as well as the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Girl Scouts USA and Girl Scouts San Diego.
- Affirm that the Girl Scout movement actively seeks members of every racial, ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic group.
Email email@example.com to learn more.