ABOUT THE COMMUNITY NURSERY AND TRAINING CENTER
Our City Forest's Community Nursery & Training Center is home to thousands of native and non-native tree, shrub and grass species. All trees and plants are available on a tax-deductible donation basis, and visitors can attend expert-led workshops on planting, care and propagation. The plants grown on site are also used in planting projects at schools, parks, neighborhoods, restoration projects and more.
Our City Forest (OCF) Nursery Team interns will work alongside the nursery AmeriCorps members under the direction of the Community Nursery Manager. Interns are needed for the following activities:
- Assisting with general nursery work (watering, labeling, transplanting, mixing soil, pruning, weeding, cleaning, raking.
- Leading weekly volunteer workdays and facilitating the completion of all nursery related tasks with the volunteers.
- Providing friendly customer service and guidance when the nursery is open to the public.
- Tracking all IN and OUT bound trees and shrubs from the nursery.
- Giving tree planting demonstrations.
- Maintaining and improving retail areas, display areas, gardens and compost area.
- Upholding feasible nursery Best Management Practices.
An ideal schedule would be 8am-2pm Wednesday-Saturday's with potential for watering on Sunday's and Monday's during the summer months. June start date preferred.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line "Nursery Intern". Include in your email a brief description of your interest and your availability. Please attach your resume.
- Program Management
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8am-2pm Wednesday-Saturday.