Job Title: Accounting Intern
Location: Association Office - Downtown Seattle (Downtown YMCA)
Hours: 2-3 days a week (M-F), 15-20 hours per week
Candidate: Undergrad Finance or Accounting Student
Serves as a member of a team charged with supporting areas of accounting and finance.
This position will be expected to provide high level of day to day support of accounting and finance functions including reporting, data gathering and analysis, and administrative tasks. Provides valuable quality control role ensuring that data is accurate and transactions are being entered as required by association guidelines.
- Supports accounting team in the areas of accounts payable, cash receipts, bank deposits, journal entries, reconciliations and other accounting functions as needed.
- Supports contract and grant function by assisting with organizing and maintaining contracts and the Government Grant SharePoint site.
- Supports payroll team by auditing electronic timekeeping data and reviewing reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
This position has a direct effect on the successful outcome of the financial operations of the Association which contributes to the overall functioning of the organization.
- Quality - Strives to meet or exceed goals and delivers a high-quality results.
- Change Capacity - Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process
- Inclusion - Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives
- Influence - Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict
- Accounting/Finance student preferred.
- Experience in an administrative support/data entry position.
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and proofing information.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment, such as copiers and phone systems.
- Strong customer service skills, responding to multiple questions via phone, email and in person.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to speak another language in addition to English preferred.
- Data Entry
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours/week, 3-6 month commitment