WhenSun May 20, 2018, 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
WhereFlushing Meadows Corona Park - Unisphere111th Street and 55th Avenue -- Corona, NY 11368Directly across from the carouselQueens, NY 11368
On Sunday, May 20th, 2018, the Tourette Association of America will be holding it's annual National 5K Run/ Walk! Over 300 individuals attend in support of the Association's mission -- making life better for all people affected by Tourette and Tic Disorders.
There will be food, performers and children's activities, but to add to the family fun we are looking for a CERTIFIED Masseuses or Masseuses in training to volunteer their time for the day! Please contact Theodore Perdik with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-224-2999 ext.226
We hope you can join us!
Marketing opportunities are available in exhcange for your time. The Tourette Association will also provide a letter of recognition as proof of time volunteered. Volunteers will be asked to fill out a form to provide basic information and may need to provide references.
Contact Theodore Perdik
718-224-2999 ext 226
- Tourette is part of a spectrum of hereditary, childhood-onset, neurodevelopmental conditions referred to as Tic Disorders.
- These conditions affect both children and adults, causing them to make sudden, uncontrollable movements and/or sounds called tics (e.g. head bobbing, arm jerking, shoulder shrugging and grunting).
- Non-tic features, such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and learning difficulties, often develop in affected individuals.
- Symptoms in Tic Disorders can range from mild to severe and, in some cases, can be self-injurious, debilitating and markedly reduce quality of life.
- While some treatments are available for people with Tourette and other Tic Disorders, approaches to care are inconsistent and medications are often ineffective.
- Massage Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-4 hours