Merchandising & Stocking Volunteer- Corner Market
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
The Hand Up Food Pantry believes in helping clients reach self-sufficiency by providing a 'hand up’ not just a hand out to clients experiencing food-insecurity. They accomplish this by connecting clients to resources in addition to providing emergency food relief to 800 families each month at distributions through San Diego County. In the past year, the Hand Up Food Pantry has provided 8,969 clients with 310,000 meals.
Goal of Position:
Volunteers are needed to help keep the Corner Market and Hand Up Food Pantry warehouse shelves stocked, organized, and clean. In addition, volunteers will be transporting food to the Corner Market from the warehouse. Volunteers will also make sure that displays are attractive, clean, and well maintained to enhance the shopping experience of our clientele.
- Learn about food insecurity and hunger in your community
- The knowledge that you are making a difference in the lives of hundreds of families and individuals
- Sort through food donations
- Organize and merchandise the Corner Market as needed
- Keep the Corner Market area clean and in compliance with food safety standards
- Locating food in the warehouse and loading carts
- Provide at least 48 hour notice if you need to cancel your volunteer time by emailing email@example.com
- Must be able to follow stocking and merchandising procedures
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently
- Retail experience is helpful, but not necessary
- Must be comfortable walking in and out of the refrigerator and freezer
- Must be able to lift bins and boxes up to 35 pounds
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
- Complete Volunteer Interview and Orientation with the Hand Up Distribution Specialist
- Must be 18 or older
- Must wear closed toed shoes and clothes that can get dirty
Available Shifts & Time Commitment:
Our Corner Market is open Monday thru Friday and needs to be organized before clientele appointments.
o Monday - 10:00am-12:00pm
o Tuesday - 9:00am-10:00am, 12:00pm-1:00pm
o Wednesday - 9:00am-10:00am, 12:00pm-1:00pm
o Thursday - 3:00pm-4:00pm
o Friday - 9:00am-10:00am
- Volunteers will need to give 48 hours notice if they will not be able to fulfill a commitment to their shift
- You will be given access to our online calendar and sign up for hours through that portal.
Jewish Family Service * Joan & Irwin Jacobs Campus * 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego, CA * 92123
Hand Up Distribution Specialist
We'll work with your schedule.
8804 Balboa AvenueSan Diego, CA 92123
- Food Service
- Critical Thinking