Corner Market Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Did you know that 500,000 of our neighbors are without a proper meal on any given night in San Diego? Help us fight food insecurity in San Diego!
As part of our Hand-Up Food Pantry, the Corner Market is just as it sounds - a small market designed to create a shopping experience for clients who need extra support with their groceries each month.
Our Hand-Up Food Pantry provides food relief to 800 families monthly throughout San Diego County. Using a point system with no money exchanged, clients are able to select fresh produce, meat, bread, and non-perishables in a store setting on their own accord.
To join the fight against hunger you need to:
- Engage clients with excellent customer service skills
- Inform clients of pantry rules and regulations
- Keep accurate records of pantry use
- Keep the pantry area clean and in compliance with food safety standards
- Pass a background check (conducted and paid for by JFS)
- Be 18 or older
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation and Interview
- Be able to transport yourself to and from the JFS campus
By joining the team you are:
- Gaining customer service skills
- Assisting in a critical area of need
- Giving training on nutrition and meal planning
- Committing to a volunteer term of three hours a week (1 shift) for three months
We'll work with your schedule.
8804 Balboa AvenueSan Diego, CA 92123
- Food Service
- Critical Thinking