Shaking Hands with HIV is a startup nonprofit created by a group of passionate people looking to not just make a difference in the community where they live but replace fear and ignorance with compassion and understanding in every aspect of life. A name inspired by Princess Diana’s monumental visit to the AIDS clinic, Shaking Hands was established as an extension of her inspirational work dedicated to making HIV prevention and eradication a topic in every household. Princess Diana challenged the public perception of HIV and AIDS by walking into an AIDS Clinic at the height of the AIDS epidemic in 1987 and shaking the hand of a man suffering from the illness. Despite guidance from doctors to not touch the patients without gloves, she made the decision driven by compassion and understanding rather than fear and ignorance.
The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Promotes mission within local community
- Participates in fundraising for the organization
- Assist founder in fundraising efforts
- Manage corporate donors and reoccurring donors
- Manage volunteer and Shaking Hands memberships
- 'Fundraising’ and 'Awareness’ event planning
- Identify and manage relationships with treatment and cure foundations
- Expertise in all social media and fundraising platforms
- Sales experience preferred
- Experience in Nonprofits and fundraising
- Attention to detail, high organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Experience in event planning
- The ability to work as a team and engage other Shaking Hands staff to promote the success of events
- Hustler, thinking outside of the box, taking initiatives, and passion for making a difference in your community - if you are this person, we want to hear from you!
A Community Outreach Coordinator should expect to spend about 10 hours a month working on duties aligned to their position, a large majority of that time will be spent acquiring corporate and individual donors, in addition to assisting with fundraising efforts. This can also include monthly Board of Directors Meeting, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Board including special projects and committees.
Unable to volunteer? There are still ways to contribute and participate! Please contact Paige.Nabers@ShakingHandswithHIV.com to learn how to get involved!
- Donor Management
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- up to 10 hours monthly