Shaking Hands with HIV is a startup nonprofit created by a group of passionate people looking to not just make a difference in the community where they live but replace fear and ignorance with compassion and understanding in every aspect of life. A name inspired by Princess Diana’s monumental visit to the AIDS clinic, Shaking Hands was established as an extension of her inspirational work dedicated to making HIV Prevention and eradication a topic in every household. Princess Diana challenged the public perception of HIV and AIDS by walking into an AIDS Clinic at the height of the AIDS epidemic in 1987 and shaking the hand of a man suffering from the illness. Despite guidance from doctors to not touch the patients without gloves, she made the decision driven by compassion and understanding rather than fear and ignorance.
The Program Manager is responsible for the following:
- Promotes mission within local community
- Participate in fundraising for the organization
- Ensure program goals are met
- Identify appropriate partners and resources
- Manage members and member events
Specific Programs could include responsibilities such as:
- Manage HIV testing efforts
- Establish and manage relationships with like-minded organizations as well as the local business owners
- Develop and manage outreach campaigns
- Expertise in all social media and fundraising platforms
- Experience in Nonprofits and fundraising
- Attention to detail and high organizational skills.
- Experience in event planning
- Hustler, thinking outside of the box, taking initiatives, and passion for making a difference in your community - if you are this person, we want to hear from you!
A Program Manager should expect to spend about 10 hours a month working on duties aligned to their position, this can include monthly Board of Directors Meeting, playing a lead role in fundraising and volunteer activities, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Board including special projects and committees.
Unable to volunteer? There are still ways to contribute and participate! Please contact Paige.Nabers@ShakingHandswithHIV.com to learn how to get involved!
- Resource Development / Management
- Program Management
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- up to 10 hours monthly