Member, Board of Directors
6 people are interested
The Good Samaritan House of Granite City (GSH), Illinois is seeking vibrant and innovative board members to lead the overall governance and fundraising strategies. GSH is on its 20 th year of service in the Madison and St Clair County area. Our mission is to enrich the lives of women and children that are currently experiencing homelessness. We accomplish this by providing safe and temporary housing while offering supportive services that increase self-esteem and self-sufficiency.
General Responsibilities (All Board Members)
- Responsible for setting fundraising goals and leading activities that lead to successful fundraising outcomes
- Overall governance of the agency accomplished through the establishment and monitoring of policies and programs.
- Establishing a strategic purpose and direction for the agency by participation in regular strategic planning meetings and through monitoring of the agency’s progress toward planned results.
- Hiring, monitoring and evaluating of the Executive Director’s performance, general responsibilities and yearly progress toward the agency’s objectives.
- Development of funds used to support agency operations, programs and services by means of participation in plans and activities set forth by the Fund Development committee.
- Act as a representative of the agency in the community to stakeholders, including: funders, supportive/collaborative service providers and clients.
- Monitor and safeguard the financial stability of the agency through continuous analysis of financial reports and compliance with fiscal policies set forth by the Finance Committee.
- Ensure effective performance of the agency’s programs through continuous analysis and improvement.
- Support the endurance of the agency with succession planning and the recruitment and development of new board members.
- Comply with all federal, state, local and agency regulations.
Individual Responsibilities (Each Board Member)
- Regularly attend and participate in full board meetings, committee meetings as assigned and any special sessions called by the Board Chair.
- Build a collegial working relationship with fellow board members that contributes to consensus.
- Regularly contribute to the organization in a way that is meaningful to both you, as a board member, and the agency.
- Readily take on assignments when asked and complete them in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review minutes, reports and agendas prior to meetings to ensure you are informed and prepared.
- Active participation in fundraising activities.
We'll work with your schedule.
1825 DelmarGranite City, IL 62040
- Financial Planning
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 8 hours per month; up to 3 year terms