Director of Professional Development
National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP)
This is a Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Position Title: Director of Professional Development
Department: Professional Development
Reports to: Director of Programs
Open Positions: one
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as Director of Professional Development. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who brings strong organizational skills, leadership, flexibility, and a passion for NAAHP’s mission. The Manager of Professional Development is responsible for managing NAAHP’s Professional Development department. The Director of Professional Development manages the ongoing establishment of goals, planning, coordination, implementation, and instructional programs for the Professional Development
- Leads the professional development team, develop and implement NAAHP professional development plans Supports the implementation of the most effective professional development practices
- Establishes procedures for evaluating new products and course offerings or changes in current products/offerings
- Evaluate professional development programs and ensure that programs have a beneficial impact
- Manage the development of professional development curriculum and content
- Create a supportive, respectful, and inspired group dynamic in all interactions with volunteers, content experts and staff.
- Organizes, maintains and supports professional learning communities
- Oversee, support, and contribute to the process of recruiting speakers and moderators
- Performs other task as assigned by the Director of Operations
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, organizational development, or comparable fields of study, Master's degree preferred
- 4+ years of Professional Development experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences orally and in writing, including electronic media.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead by example and to foster professional development and training
- Collaborative relationships.
- Good time management skills and proactive approach
- Highly organized
- Familiarity with a variety of the community’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be comfortable working within a startup environment subject to ambiguity and change
Please apply at https://n-a-a-h-p.mightyrecruiter.com. Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.