St. Paul’s Community Development Corporation - SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program Service Title: Teacher’s Aide
The purpose of this position is to assist the Next Step Workforce Development Program their comprehensive educational program encompassing career counseling, job development, job training, workforce development, adult basic education, and case management services. The program’s goal is to enhance their students’ academic skills so they can become self-sufficient and find gainful employment.
This AmeriCorps position does not duplicate or displace staff of agency or service site.
Service Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the coordination of student appointments with outside resources
- Provide one-on-one tutorials for students in need
- Observe in classrooms to become familiar with classroom routines, textbooks and materials, and the main topics of major subjects taught
- Co-teach basic skills classes, and teach in the absence of the teacher using educational best practices
- Refer students to case managers for services and resources as needed
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of special events
- Assist in maintaining student classwork and homework assignments
Training and Evaluation:
- Attend the St. Paul’s Community Development Corporation and SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program Meetings
- Attend meetings, in-service training sessions identified by SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program
- Assist evaluators in gathering information related to program improvement
- Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps week and events sponsored by the New Jersey Commission on National and Community Service.
ST. PAUL’S COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AMERICORPS PROGRAM BENEFITS
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. AmeriCorps Members dedicate one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need. For this year of dedication, individuals earn a living stipend, education award, and more! SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work. Duties range from working in the SPCDC Food Pantry, case management in our homeless men's shelter, and mentoring students in after school and summer programs throughout the City of Paterson, NJ.
SPCDC offers its members different benefits based on a member’s level of commitment.
*Part Time Members commit to serve 900 hours within a year (approximately 20-25 hours per week).
Position Type: Part-Time
Volunteer Hours to Complete by 12/31/18: 900
Bi-weekly Financial Stipend (Without Taxes): $257.69
Total Stipend Amount for the Year: $6,700.00
Educational Award: $2,960.00 (after successful completion of service term)
*Access to NJSCNCS Trainings, Professional Development Workshops, & Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources
*Participation in FREE End of the Year Trip to Washington D.C
Contact AmeriCorps Program Director, Rachelle Thompson for more information at email@example.com or (973) 710-3900 ext. 448
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Must complete 900 hours by 12/31/2018
- AmeriCorps application and 2 references
- Paterson Habitat for Humanity...
- Youth Program Assistant- Part...
- Youth Program Aide- Part Time...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Next Step Case Manager Aide-...
- Emergency Men's Shelter Case...
- Next Step Teacher Aide- Part...
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Next Step Career Development...
- Food Pantry Driver (AMERICORPS)-...
- Emergency Men's Shelter --...