Next Step Career Development Aide (AmeriCorps)
2 people are interested
Site Name & Location
SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program
301 Main St. Upper Level-Center City Mall Paterson, NJ 07505
About Your Agency
The Workforce Development Program provides classes in Adult Basic Education/Special Needs (SOAR), High School Diploma Preparation and Testing, Vocational Culinary, as well as computer literacy and employable soft skills. The program also administers the WIOA Youth Program and the Breaking the Cycle Initiative.
The WIOA-Youth Program (Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act) provides a high need population of young adults 16 to 24 years of age with High School Diploma preparation classes and onsite testing. The program also offers access to Next Step's vocational training programs in Energy Efficient Building Maintenance and Culinary Arts.
The Breaking the Cycle Initiative provides court involved and formerly incarcerated individual’s transitional job training opportunities. Areas of focus include: Energy Efficient Building Maintenance and Culinary Arts.
Site Supervisor Name
Career Development Specialist
- Assist with researching, organizing, and attend upcoming job fairs, positive recruitments, networking events.
- Provide support with coordinating access to outside referral sources. (Employers, guest speakers, educational institutions)
- Collaborate with staff to achieve program wide participation and support clients in achieving their employment goals.
- Assist with organizing and facilitating group or individual sessions on various topics. (Goal setting, job readiness, online applications, resumes, cover letter, interview skills, computer literacy, and soft skill training)
- Maintain current documentation of client’s progress.
- Aid in collecting data for reporting. (30, 60, 90 day follow up, employment verification)
- Help complete intakes and assessments as needed.
- Increase employment
- Provide job readiness skills
- Assist clients with transitioning out of Next Step into employment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule during BTC training (approx. 11 weeks per cohort) on Thursdays from 10am-6pm.
Training and Evaluation
- Attend meetings, in-service and training sessions identified by SPCDC AmeriCorps Program and the SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program.
- Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps week, and events sponsored by the Corporation for National & Community Service.
Expected Work Schedule: Monday -Friday 8:30am-4:30pm; except during BTC training M, T, W, and F 8:30-4:30 TH 10:00am-6:00pm.
Orientation Plan: Member will receive orientation during first day. Orientation will consist of the following: reviewing google drive-career profiles, rules, guidelines, expectation, dress code, tour of the school and staff.
ST. PAUL’S COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AMERICORPS PROGRAM BENEFITS
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. AmeriCorps Members dedicate one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need. For this year of dedication, individuals earn a living stipend, education award, and more! SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work. Duties range from working in the SPCDC Food Pantry, case management in our homeless men's shelter, and mentoring students in after school and summer programs throughout the City of Paterson, NJ.
SPCDC offers its members different benefits based on a member’s level of commitment.
*Full-Time Members commit to serve 1700 hours (approximately 35-40 hours per week).
Position Type: Full-Time
Volunteer Hours to Complete: 1700
Bi-weekly Financial Stipend: $528.15
Total Stipend Amount: $13,732.00
Educational Award: $5,920.00
*Access to NJSCNCS Trainings, Professional Development Workshops, & Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources
*Participation in FREE End of the Year Trip to Washington D.C
Contact AmeriCorps Program Director, Rachelle Thompson for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 710-3900 ext. 448
301 Main StreetUpper LevelNext Step Workforce DevelopmentPaterson, NJ 07505
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- AmeriCorps Application and 2 references