Site Name & Location
SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program
301 Main St. Upper Level-Center City Mall Paterson, NJ 07505
About Your Agency
The Workforce Development Program provides classes in Adult Basic Education/Special Needs (SOAR), High School Diploma Preparation and Testing, Vocational Culinary, as well as computer literacy and employable soft skills. The program also administers the WIOA Youth Program and the Breaking the Cycle Initiative.
The WIOA-Youth Program (Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act) provides a high need population of young adults 16 to 24 years of age with High School Diploma preparation classes and onsite testing. The program also offers access to Next Step's vocational training programs in Energy Efficient Building Maintenance and Culinary Arts.
The Breaking the Cycle Initiative provides court involved and formerly incarcerated individual’s transitional job training opportunities. Areas of focus include: Energy Efficient Building Maintenance and Culinary Arts.
Site Supervisor Name
Career Development Specialist
- Assist with researching, organizing, and attend upcoming job fairs, positive recruitments, networking events.
- Provide support with coordinating access to outside referral sources. (Employers, guest speakers, educational institutions)
- Collaborate with staff to achieve program wide participation and support clients in achieving their employment goals.
- Assist with organizing and facilitating group or individual sessions on various topics. (Goal setting, job readiness, online applications, resumes, cover letter, interview skills, computer literacy, and soft skill training)
- Maintain current documentation of client’s progress.
- Aid in collecting data for reporting. (30, 60, 90 day follow up, employment verification)
- Help complete intakes and assessments as needed.
- Increase employment
- Provide job readiness skills
- Assist clients with transitioning out of Next Step into employment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule during BTC training (approx. 11 weeks per cohort) on Thursdays from 10am-6pm.
Training and Evaluation
- Attend meetings, in-service and training sessions identified by SPCDC AmeriCorps Program and the SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program.
- Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps week, and events sponsored by the Corporation for National & Community Service.
Expected Work Schedule: Monday -Friday 8:30am-4:30pm; except during BTC training M, T, W, and F 8:30-4:30 TH 10:00am-6:00pm.
Orientation Plan: Member will receive orientation during first day. Orientation will consist of the following: reviewing google drive-career profiles, rules, guidelines, expectation, dress code, tour of the school and staff.
ST. PAUL’S COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AMERICORPS PROGRAM BENEFITS
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. AmeriCorps Members dedicate one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need. For this year of dedication, individuals earn a living stipend, education award, and more! SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work. Duties range from working in the SPCDC Food Pantry, case management in our homeless men's shelter, and mentoring students in after school and summer programs throughout the City of Paterson, NJ.
SPCDC offers its members different benefits based on a member’s level of commitment.
*Part Time Members commit to serve 900 hours within a year (approximately 20-25 hours per week).
Position Type: Part-Time
Volunteer Hours to Complete by 12/31/18: 900
Bi-weekly Financial Stipend (Without Taxes): $257.69
Total Stipend Amount for the Year: $6,700.00
Educational Award: $2,960.00 (after successful completion of service term)
*Access to NJSCNCS Trainings, Professional Development Workshops, & Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources
*Participation in FREE End of the Year Trip to Washington D.C
Contact AmeriCorps Program Director, Rachelle Thompson for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 710-3900 ext. 448
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Must complete 900 hours by 12/31/2018
- AmeriCorps Application and 2 references
- Paterson Habitat for Humanity...
- Youth Program Assistant- Part...
- Youth Program Aide- Part Time...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Next Step Case Manager Aide-...
- Emergency Men's Shelter Case...
- Next Step Teacher Aide- Part...
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Next Step Career Development...
- Food Pantry Driver (AMERICORPS)-...
- Emergency Men's Shelter --...