Next Step Case Manager Aide (AmeriCorps)
3 people are interested
The Workforce Development Program provides classes in Adult Basic Education/Special Needs (SOAR-ABE), High School Diploma Preparation and Testing, Vocational Culinary, as well as computer literacy and employable soft skills. The program also administers the WIOA Youth Program and the Breaking the Cycle Initiative.
The WIOA-Youth Program (Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act) provides a high need population of young adults 16 to 24 years of age with High School Diploma preparation classes and onsite testing. The program also offers access to Next Step's vocational training programs in Energy Efficient Building Maintenance and Culinary Arts.
The Breaking the Cycle Initiative provides court involved and formerly incarcerated individual’s transitional job training opportunities. Areas of focus include: Energy Efficient Building Maintenance and Culinary Arts.
Site Supervisor Name
- Complete weekly intake and assessments with clients using ETO software and orientation paperwork
- Manage a caseload of clients; monitor their progress toward meeting goals established in their service plans and their participation is required
- Maintain case management check-ins with clients in person and/or by phone to track their attendance record and program progress.
- Collaboratively with clients, provide assistance in goal setting and self-development; work as a team with other staff to achieve program wide participation, graduation and retention goals among others.
- Research and coordinate access to outside referral sources
- Organize and facilitate groups on various topics (Resilience, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, etc.).
- Maintain current, accurate, complete and timely documentation for programs progress in charts and databases
- Provide direct service to clients through case management
- Built healthy relationships with clients and other community organizations
- Assist clients with goal setting, time management, and organizational skills
- Collaborate with staff to collect data and documentation for program progress and reports
- Experience in human services, social work, educational, or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
Training and Evaluation
- Attend meetings, in-service and training sessions identified by SPCDC AmeriCorps Program and the SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program.
- Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps week, and events sponsored by the Corporation for National & Community Service.
Expected Work Schedule: Monday -Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (flexibility can be offered but not guaranteed)
Orientation Plan: Member will receive tour of agency and meet Next Step Staff. Orientation will also include two weeks of case management as well as office training which will consist of the next step weekly schedule, client orientation paperwork, ETO software, google drive (docs and sheets), and community resource guide. During this process the agency rules, guidelines, expectations, and dress code will also be discussed.
Additional Info (parking, transportation, ID, etc.) Member will receive parking pass for the parking lot located on Smith St. & Veterans Pl. Other parking arrangements will be provided if needed
ST. PAUL’S COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AMERICORPS PROGRAM BENEFITS
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. AmeriCorps Members dedicate one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need. For this year of dedication, individuals earn a living stipend, education award, and more! SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work. Duties range from working in the SPCDC Food Pantry, case management in our homeless men's shelter, and mentoring students in after school and summer programs throughout the City of Paterson, NJ.
SPCDC offers its members different benefits based on a member’s level of commitment.
*Full-Time Members commit to serve 1700 hours (approximately 35-40 hours per week).
Position Type: Full-Time
Volunteer Hours to Complete: 1700
Bi-weekly Financial Stipend: $528.15
Total Stipend Amount: $13,732.00
Educational Award: $5,920.00
*Access to NJSCNCS Trainings, Professional Development Workshops, & Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources
*Participation in FREE End of the Year Trip to Washington D.C
Contact AmeriCorps Program Director, Rachelle Thompson for more information at email@example.com or (973) 710-3900 ext. 448
301 Main StreetUpper LevelNext Step Workforce DevelopmentPaterson, NJ 07505
- Case Work / Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- AmeriCorps application and 2 references