13 people are interested
Next Step Case Manager Aide (AmeriCorps)- Full Time
13 people are interested
The St. Paul’s Community Development Corporation (SPCDC) AmeriCorps Program is seeking passionate, social justice oriented candidates for its 2021-2022 program year.
AmeriCorps Members dedicate approximately one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need of support. For this year of service, members earn a living stipend and education award.
SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work, as well as with partner agencies located throughout Paterson and Passaic County, NJ. Duties range from working as aides in local food pantries, as case management support in homeless shelters, and as classroom support in after school and summer programs.
Candidates will begin service during the month of September (or shortly thereafter) with a contracted end date of August 31, 2022. Full-time (FT) members must complete 1700 service hours. Half-time (HT) members must complete 900 service hours by the date stipulated.
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. Learn more about AmeriCorps: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps
The Next Step Workforce Development Program provides classes in Adult Basic Education/Special Needs (SOAR-ABE), High School Diploma Preparation and Testing, Vocational Culinary, as well as computer literacy and employable soft skills. The program also administers the WIOA Youth Program and the Breaking the Cycle Initiative.
- Complete weekly intake and assessments with clients using ETO software and orientation paperwork
- Manage a caseload of clients; monitor their progress toward meeting goals established in their service plans and their participation is required
- Maintain case management check-ins with clients in person and/or by phone to track their attendance record and program progress.
- Collaboratively with clients, provide assistance in goal setting and self-development; work as a team with other staff to achieve program wide participation, graduation and retention goals among others.
- Research and coordinate access to outside referral sources
- Organize and facilitate groups on various topics (Resilience, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, etc.).
- Maintain current, accurate, complete and timely documentation for programs progress in charts and databases
- Provide direct service to clients through case management
- Build healthy relationships with clients and other community organizations
- Assist clients with goal setting, time management, and organizational skills
- Collaborate with staff to collect data and documentation for program progress and reports
- Experience in human services, social work, education or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
Training and Evaluation:
- Attend meetings, in-service training sessions identified by SPCDC AmeriCorps Program and the SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program.
- Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps Week, and events sponsored by the Corporation for National & Community Service.
Expected Work Schedule:
Monday -Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (flexibility can be offered but not guaranteed)
ST. PAUL’S COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AMERICORPS PROGRAM BENEFITS
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. AmeriCorps Members dedicate one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need. For this year of dedication, individuals earn a living stipend, education award, and more! SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work. Duties range from working in the SPCDC Food Pantry, case management in our homeless men's shelter, and mentoring students in after school and summer programs throughout the City of Paterson, NJ.
SPCDC offers its members different benefits based on a member’s level of commitment.
* Full-Time Members commit to serve 1700 hours (approximately 35-40 hours per week).
Position Type: Full-Time
Volunteer Hours to Complete: 1700
Total Stipend Amount: $15,210.00
Educational Award: $6,345.00
*Access to NJSCNCS Trainings, Professional Development Workshops, & Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources
*Participation in FREE End of the Year Trip to Washington D.C
Contact AmeriCorps Program Director for more information at email@example.com
About St. Paul's Community Development Corporation
456 Van Houten Street, Paterson, NJ 07501, US
The mission of St. Paul's Community Development Corporation is to serve as an agent of hope, partnering with others to provide needs driven services that improve the quality of life and encourage greater self-sufficiency.
St. Paul's Community Development Corporation (SPCDC) is a secular, not-for-profit organization, guided by a diverse and voluntary board of directors that bridges racial, economic, geographic, and religious boundaries.
Our purpose is to alleviate the conditions of hunger, homelessness, unemployment, under-employment, poverty and illiteracy in the City of Paterson. We do this by providing emergency services to all in need and by designing long-term approaches to achieving social and economic improvement at the grassroots level.
301 Main StreetUpper LevelNext Step Workforce DevelopmentPaterson, NJ 07505
September 23, 2021
- Case Work / Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1700 hours over the course of 1 year
- AmeriCorps Application & 2 References