To volunteer, please use our sign-up form: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1484278803
The morning session and afternoon session consist of five parts:
* Check-in. We will need two volunteers to check in and check out our participants.
* Meet Your Buddy. Each CA Miss Amazing participant gets a buddy for the day of the pageant. Snacks will be provided so families and participants can fill out their CA Miss Amazing forms and get to know their buddies. We need a volunteer to help keep this area organized and provide snacks and drinks to the buddies and their CA Miss Amazing participant and families.
* Try-on. We will need four volunteers coordinating try-ons. Three people will try-on at the same time. We need one volunteer per participant to help find gowns, help with try-ons and one volunteer to hang up any gowns appropriately on the rack when the right dress is selected. Each participant group of three gets thirty minutes to try-on. Four volunteers are needed total!
* Photo time! Once a participant has found the dress of her dreams, invite her to our photo area. This is where we will take pictures, add them to Instagram, credit the appropriate donor if it is one of our designer or retail donors and have a professional photographer take their photo.
* Accessories and gift card station. Once a participant has found their dream gown, they visit our accessories station where they pick out one accessory to wear with their gown and receive a gift card for shoes.
* Check out. Our check out volunteer bags everything up for the CA Miss Amazing participant and makes sure they have everything they need.
Breakdown starts at 5 PM when the last participant leaves. We will need folks who are willing to fold gowns into their correct bins, take down racks, pack up accessories and gift cards and load everything into our truck, clean up the space in The Compound and make sure we leave the area as clean as it was when we walked in.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours