We are setting up a giveaway extravaganza in East LA this year and we need your help to make it happen. The roles needed for the giveaways include Setup, Clean-up, Check-in/Check-out, Attendants, Formal Wear Runners, Accessories table, Swag Bag table, Photographer, Videographer, Hospitality and VIP room. Email LAVolunteers@princessproject.org for more information. Sign up here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1484278803
Setup on Thursday includes:
* Decorating the space; setting up our photo wall.
* Setting up racks.
* Hanging dresses by size and color and making sure the appropriate donor label is attached.
* Hanging suits and tuxedos by size and color.
* Setting up the accessories and swag bag areas.
* Setting up the VIP room for VIP teens including shoes area, gift card area, etc.
* Setting up snacks, water bottles, etc. for our volunteers for giveaway days.
Giveaway days are Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* Friday giveaway is from 3:00 to 9:30 pm. Doors open at 3:30 and close at 9:00 pm.
* Saturday’s giveaway is all day, from 8:30 to 9:30 PM (AM, PM and evening shifts). Doors open at 9 AM and close at 9 PM.
* Sunday’s giveaway is 8:30 AM to 9:00 PM (AM, PM and Clean-up shifts). Doors open at 9 AM and close at 3:30 PM. Clean up begins at 3:00 PM and ends by 9 at the latest.
We will need folks who are willing to fold formal wear into their correct bins, take down racks, pack up accessories and gift cards and load everything into our truck, clean up the space in The Leonard Hill Center and make sure we leave the area as clean as it was when we walked in.
To sign up, please go to our volunteer form: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1484278803
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours