Works with Globe Talk core team members and student leaders; is responsible for the management of current chapters and ensures the exchange is initiated adequately; directs outreach to other potential Chapter-holding schools.
(Time Commitment: 7-8 hours/week) ⇒ Breakdown
1-1.5 hours: Core Team Meeting + Working Session
5 hours: Operations Co-Director responsibilities
1-1.5 hours: Alternative Team Meeting responsibilities*
*provides an opportunity to strengthen alternative business-oriented skill sets on projects with other core team members not directly related to day-to-day responsibilities (ex: developing portal content, performing a client needs assessment)
- Works with chapter SLs to initiate chapters; guides student leaders before and during exchange; point of contact on core team with chapters.
- Works together with Quality Assurance Director to:
- Collect feedback from chapter student leaders and participants to measure their satisfaction and the impact the exchange has had on them.
- Ensure smooth implementation of measurement/feedback tools within or outside of program module curricula
- Creates program module samples.
- Tests activities and based on certain parameters (such as feasibility, time-consumption, personal satisfaction) and decides which ones should be modified or replaced
- Has the opportunity to shape and develop service learning module which will be implemented in 2019)
- Ensures team members reach out to their personal contacts
- Contacts schools himself/herself
The role can be shaped to include the following responsibilities based on time, need and interest:
- Provide recommendations on strategic organizational vision and direction
- Long-term networking and pitching to potential donors
- Shaping marketing material and campaigns associated with key metrics
Highlighted Impact & Skills Gained:
- Provide students around the world with a unique opportunity to interact with and get to know another culture by means of participating in an exciting and enjoyable pen pal exchange
- Has the opportunity to work on a team to create a new program module that will enable students to discover the impact service learning can have on their peers from around the world
- Widens the range of countries that benefit from a Globe Talk chapter experience
- Enables students to build their leadership and teamwork skills by providing them with the necessary tools and by having them establish international cooperations between schools
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 7-8 hrs/week