6 people are interested
● Commitment to the mission of NAMI Clackamas;
● Has vision but is flexible to the possibilities of change;
● Sensitive to the communities to which their organizations belong;
● Highly regarded and respected by others;
● Able to strengthen the organization because of the expertise they bring from their lived experience, business or professional background;
● Adds diversity to the mix of individuals comprising the Board, including age, gender, race, background, expertise, etc;
● Is a conscientious steward who is as interested in the business of developing NAMI Clackamas and monitoring its health as they are in promoting its programs;
● Strength in establishing relationships and trust with community partners;
● Bilingual/Bicultural competency of Spanish-speaking communities a plus.
As a Board Member of Clackamas County NAMI (NAMI Clackamas):
● Responsible for the stewardship of the organization;
● Ready to offer your time, talent and treasure; and
● Make prudent decisions, respect laws and the organization’s governing documents and place the interests of the organization above personal interests.
Specific Duties and Expectations:
● Agree to honor your commitment to further the mission of NAMI Clackamas.
● Serve as an ambassador and community advocate for NAMI Clackamas and persons with a mental illness and their families.
● Maintain membership in NAMI Clackamas. ● Assisting in recruiting and nominating board members; Ensuring NAMI Clackamas’ commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities NAMI serves.
● As a high priority, attend Board meetings and committee meetings in which the board member is a member.
● Communicate effectively
● Respect boundaries between Board and Staff responsibilities.
● Come prepared to participate and discuss Board issues and business.
● Read and understand the NAMI Clackamas financial statements, annual budget, and audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
● Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by NAMI for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
● Willingness to participate in timely and substantive discussions regarding items and commitments of NAMI Clackamas.
● Collaborate with my NAMI colleagues to work toward consensus in decision-making.
● Developing and managing relationships and communicating with: funders, partners, and other stakeholders
● Agree to the confidentiality of Board discussions and personnel issues.
● Avoid conflicts of interest and report potential conflicts of interest as they occur.
● Participating in an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
● Agree to participate in fundraising including the planning and participation in events and activities.
● In collaboration with the Executive Director, generating substantial annual revenue and fostering NAMI’s overall financial health
● Personally treating NAMI as a top philanthropic priority reflected in an annual financial gift commensurate within capacity
● Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major individual donors, corporate, and/or foundation
We'll work with your schedule.
10202 SE 32nd Ave.Ste. 501Portland, OR 97222
- Executive Admin
- Financial Literacy
- Public Relations
- Market Research / Analysis
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Once a month, for 4 hours