15 people are interested
15 people are interested
● Commitment to the mission of NAMI Clackamas;
● Has vision but is flexible to the possibilities of change;
● Sensitive to the communities to which their organizations belong;
● Highly regarded and respected by others;
● Able to strengthen the organization because of the expertise they bring from their lived experience, business or professional background;
● Adds diversity to the mix of individuals comprising the Board, including age, gender, race, background, expertise, etc;
● Is a conscientious steward who is as interested in the business of developing NAMI Clackamas and monitoring its health as they are in promoting its programs;
● Strength in establishing relationships and trust with community partners;
● Bilingual/Bicultural competency of Spanish-speaking communities a plus.
As a Board Member of Clackamas County NAMI (NAMI Clackamas):
● Responsible for the stewardship of the organization;
● Ready to offer your time, talent and treasure;
● Make prudent decisions, respect laws and the organization’s governing documents and place the interests of the organization above personal interests.
Specific Duties and Expectations:
● Agree to honor your commitment to further the mission of NAMI Clackamas.
● Serve as an ambassador and community advocate for NAMI Clackamas and persons with a mental illness and their families.
● Maintain membership in NAMI Clackamas.
● Assist in recruiting and nominating board members; Ensuring NAMI Clackamas’ commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities NAMI serves.
● As a high priority, attend Board meetings and committee meetings in which the board member is a member.
● Communicate effectively
● Respect boundaries between Board and Staff responsibilities.
● Come prepared to participate and discuss Board issues and business.
● Read and understand the NAMI Clackamas financial statements, annual budget, and audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
● Review outcomes and metrics created by NAMI for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
● Willingness to participate in timely and substantive discussions regarding items and commitments of NAMI Clackamas.
● Collaborate with your NAMI colleagues to work toward consensus in decision-making.
● Developing and managing relationships and communicating with: funders, partners, and other stakeholders
● Agree to the confidentiality of Board discussions and personnel issues.
● Avoid conflicts of interest and report potential conflicts of interest as they occur.
● Participating in an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
● Agree to participate in fundraising including the planning and participation in events and activities.
● In collaboration with the Executive Director, generating substantial annual revenue and fostering NAMI’s overall financial health
● Personally treating NAMI as a top philanthropic priority reflected in an annual financial gift commensurate within capacity
● Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major individual donors, corporate, and/or foundation
About NAMI-CC (National Alliance on Mental Illness of Clackamas County)
10202 SE 32nd Ave., Ste 501, Milwaukie, OR 97222, US
NAMI Clackamas is a grassroots organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for everyone impacted by mental health issues through support, education, and advocacy. Our vision is hope, health, acceptance, and community for everyone impacted by mental illness.
A grassroots organization for and by people with mental illness, whether in themselves or a family member.
10202 SE 32nd Ave.Ste. 501Portland, OR 97222
October 6, 2021
- Financial Literacy
- Public Relations
- Mental Health
- Strategic Planning
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Once a month, for 3-4 hours. Additional time as needed for committee meetings, NAMI Clackamas and community events, etc.