Canine Companions for Independence is looking for an Event Chair to lead the planning of the 2018 DogFest Wine Country Walk N Roll. 2018 will mark the 5rd annual event. Event Chair must be available to meet once a month for committee meetings and have availability to assist committee members in soliciting sponsors, teams and participants. Position description is below but subject to change. Event Chair candidates will need to meet with Canine Companions staff before being accepted for the position.
- Work with Staff Partner to identify and recruit Committee Chairs.
- With the Committee Chairs, recruit volunteers to fill committee positions.
- Manage the committees through the planning process.
- Communicate with your Staff Partner to ensure they are in the loop through the entire process.
- Serve as organizational spokesperson for DogFest in the community
- Organization and communication skills to coordinate and lead committee meetings driving deliverable
- Have a well-developed network of potential sponsors, vendors and committee members
- Creativity to come up with ideas for fund-raising
- Ability to participate in meetings during work days and evenings both by phone and face to face in Irving
- Follow up skills needed to keep various committee info updated and on track
- Passion for the cause because it will come out in the message presented
- Ability and willingness to speak in public meetings and at Canine Companions events to promote DogFest and drive committee membership and event participation
- Patience to understand your committee is unpaid volunteers and be appreciative of what they can give
- Previous event planning and fund raising experience helpful
We also have openings for the following DogFest Wine Country volunteer positions:
- Festival Chair
- Volunteer Chair
- Booth Chair
- Registration Chair
- Publicity Chair
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- committee meetings once a month 2 -4 hours a week.