Catering for Cause (Food 4 Soul)
Job Title: Volunteer Food Service Manager
Reports to: Events Coordinator/ Chief Operations Manager
Responsibilities: Catering for a Cause
Catering for a Cause is Open Arms Community Outreach Inc.’s premiere solution for catering a breakthrough in Non Profit Social Enterprise that provides, donations for operating budget. We provide generous and nutritious meals, using fresh produce from our local gardens and greenhouses when available. To assist with creation and supervision of daily meal preparation, serving and clean-up.
* Full service catering
* Business lunches
* Specialty trays
* Community Kitchen
* Individualized food service management
Qualifications Prefer a minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience in paid special events or Culinary Intern or Graduate or evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business development/relationship programs required.
Education: College Intern, High School from a 4-year college or university required. A 2-year degree with a minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute. Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Start main meal preparation.
* Assign tasks to meal volunteers.
* Alert Operations Manager to potential incidents or risks.
* Remain at Open Arms Pantry to supervise clean-up after meals and events
* Ability to supervise large groups of volunteers (25-30).
* Ability to work under pressure and with multiple tasks.
* Ability to work with a variety of people.
* Ability to work with people in crisis.
* Sensitivity to issues involving poor and homeless populations.
* Demonstrated responsiveness to cultural differences.
* Ability to use sound judgment within defined policies and procedures to determine appropriate action.
Work Hours: Tues.-Thurs. 9am-2pm or PRN *Any time willing to donate on site during operating hours as well for special events
Pantry Hours: Tues, - Thursday, Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm and Saturdays *When needed 9:00 am- 12:00 pm * Camp Sutton Community Pantry: 3rd Friday 3:00pm - 5:00pm; * Must be able to adjust work hours based on agency needs. Some weekends and evenings required.
Hours: This is a part time (32-37 hours/week) position. Some early morning and
weekend activities should be expected.
Working Conditions: This job requires working some early morning and weekend hours. Must be able to lift up to 70+ pounds. Frequent walking, standing, lifting.
Compensation: Volunteer Donations / In Kind Services/ Recognition on our websites, literature
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
Application Procedure: Submit resume, cover letter and references (names and contact information) in PDF format or word to email@example.com
- Cooking / Catering
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Seeking 3 primary Volunteer Food Service Mangers
- Seeking 5 PRN, Special Events, Community Kitchent