The ARISE Africa Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is working to increase the number of Nigerians that get tested and treated for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD). By Actively Raising Interests in Sexual Epidemics (ARISE), we hope to contribute to Nigeria's attainment of the United Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 5, which include: ensuring good health and well-being as well as gender equality respectively. Overall, our work focuses on education, leveraging the power of the media to instigate change and providing a means for Nigerians to get tested and treated for STD.
The Contributing writer is responsible for creating content primarily for the ARISE blog. Under the leadership of the Public Relations Director, he/she works to develop appropriate contents that align with ARISE’s mission and goals.
Note: This is an unpaid position. Please send your resume and attach a writing sample to your application (min 500 words)
- Develops relevant content primarily for blogs, and may assist with content for newsletters and social media accounts
- Experience in a nonprofit setting, communications, journalism or content writing preferred
- Excellent written communication skills, including standard writing practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient use of digital media tools and/or willing to learn
- A self-starter who can work independently and can also be a resourceful team player
- Passion for The ARISE Africa Foundation’s mission
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Part time