Purpose: High quality pet photos are a crucial part of the success of sending pets to their forever homes. The East Bay SPCA Oakland location currently has a strong need for an additional cat photographer to take photos of cats on its adoption floor to then be uploaded to the shelter database/website.
Training and Shifts:
- Must attend the East Bay SPCA’s Volunteer Orientation and Working with Shelter Animals class.
- Complete Canine/Feline Companion and Enrichment training before working with dogs/cats.
- Schedule program specific training/introduction shift(s) with additional Volunteer Photographer.
- Two-hour weekly shifts are available according to program needs.
- Have 3 to 5 years of professional photography experience with portfolio to share with marketing team.
- Commit to at least one regular weekly shift at Oakland Adoption Center to take shelter portraits.
- DSLR camera and/or professional-level equipment recommended.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud for photo altering and touchups.
- Must supply own backdrops and lighting.
- Familiarity with Dropbox.
- Ability to work with brand guidelines and style guide.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training