Chicago Walk to End Alzheimer's - Planning Committee
WhenThu Feb 01, 2018 - Mon Dec 31, 2018
Where8430 W. Bryn Mawr AveChicago, IL 60631
What is the Chicago Walk Planning Committee?
* The Chicago Walk Planning Committee is a primarily volunteer-driven committee that is composed of subcommittees who have a focus in areas like team recruitment, team retention, sponsorship, marketing and outreach, or logistics.
* The committee plans all year round from the kick-off to the wrap-up. Some committee members concentrate on growing the event, like recruiting new teams, covering the community in Walk materials, and securing sponsorships. Others focus on event production and find ways to enhance the event experience.
2017 Walk to End Alzheimer’s(r) Chicago accomplishments
* Raised over $1,220,000
* 642 teams and almost 5,050 participants.
* At the Illinois Chapter, 2,500 volunteers donated an estimated 23,00 hours of service.
* 35% of the total Chapter volunteers were from Walks.
* Recruit increasing number of teams to raise revenue goal of $1,350,000 to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association(r).
* Expand the Planning Committee to reach additional professionals who are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities.
* Start or join a Chicago Walk to End Alzheimer’s team, raise awareness and funds, and join us on Walk day to help us create an excellent day-of-event experience for our participants.
What we ask of you
* Join the committee and choose a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests.
* Attend the Volunteer Kickoff event in January to gain more information on each subcommittee and volunteer expectations. Attend the Committee Orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer’s disease, learn about Association programs and services, and receive an introduction to the Walk event model.
* Participate in committee meetings held at the National Alzheimer’s Association office in downtown Chicago. Meetings are held once a month and are one hour long.
Ready to join the Planning Committee?
For more information and to receive an invite to our Volunteer Kickoff event, contact:
Erik Maranto | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708.669.2475
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18