Overview of role
This is an exciting opportunity to assist a Community and Family Organization focused on sustainably empowering communities living in inner cities by supporting specific partners and projects. Our focus is on improving both access to and quality of health, family, and education. We take small groups to participate actively in projects we support.
This is a hands-on role that will suit a self-starter, keen to get involved with what we do, able to communicate effectively and willing to tackle a range of tasks.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities across a broad range of activities requiring a mature attitude and a range of skills.
NOTE: This is a volunteer position perfect for someone transitioning in between roles, a college student looking for experience, or someone of retirement looking for somewhere productive to put their time. Very flexible role! We will work around your schedule.
- Computer Savvy and well organized
- Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
- Demonstrable track record in an administrative position
- Ability to communicate clearly and invite support and assistance from others where necessary
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Answering telephone calls and emails from customers and suppliers
- Production, updating, and managing program participants paperwork
- Research into grant applications
- Assistance with report preparation
- Co-ordinating and running promotional seminars and fund-raising events
- Assistance with marketing activities including liaison with suppliers of materials
- Scheduling meetings
- Updating social media sites
Reporting Structure: This volunteer role will work with all members of the team including the founders of the company
Ours of Operation: Hours to volunteer -It’s up to you!
- Monday 1:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Tuesday 1:00 PM-6:30 PM
- Wednesday 1:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Thursday 1:00 PM-7:00 PM
- Friday 1:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Saturday 11:00 AM-1:00 P
Location: 7769 2 nd Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35206
A background check is required for this role.
Further Information and applications: Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org including your resume and any questions you might have. Please place "Volunteer Administrator Assistant" in the Subject line.
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training