Is There Room in Your Heart and Family for a Child in Need?
There is a growing need for families willing to open their hearts and homes to children and teenagers who have been removed from their families because of neglect or abuse. These children need a loving family who will walk with them during a time of crisis and welcome them unconditionally into a caring home.What You Need to Be a Foster Parent
- Be a couple or single adult over the age of 18.
- Have a stable housing situation--you can either rent or own your residence--that provides enough for your foster child to grow.
- Demonstrate positive parenting skills that include patience, stability, maturity and love of children.
- Knowledge of child development is helpful, but not required.
- Willingness to work with foster care staff towards achieving identified goals for your foster child.
- A sense of humor and a lot of love!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Child Advocacy
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training