37 people are interested
Volunteer ReStore Associate
37 people are interested
The ReStore is looking for individuals who are interested in volunteering as a sales associate.
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent customer service
- Welcome customers to the store and answer questions
- Follow and achieve sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Maintain a clean and safe sales floor
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Assist ReStore Manager and Assistant Manager with researching value of donations and price items
- Schedule donation pick-ups
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Assist new and returning volunteers with sign-in and documentation
- Assist ReStore Manager and Assistant Manager with providing volunteers with tasks
- Orienting volunteers to organization mission, policies, and procedures
- Proven work experience as a retail associate or similar role
- Willingness to learn how to use Square POS
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Basic math skills
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate kindness and respect to all customers, volunteers, and staff
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 lbs preferred
09:30 AM to 06:00 PM
We have 2 shifts a day, 9:30-2:00pm and 2:00-6:00pm Mon-Fri and 9:00-1:00pm and 1:00-5:00pm on Saturdays. We have room for 4 volunteers per shift.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Garland, Inc.
P.O. Box 462071, Garland, TX 75046, US
Through faith in action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope .
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Garland, an ecumenical housing ministry, builds communities of hope, dignity and self-worth through the construction of quality, affordable housing and the nurture of decent safe neighborhoods, in partnership with families, volunteers and others.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Garland brings volunteers and resources together with families in need to build simple, decent, affordable homes within the city of Garland. Habitat homes are sold at no profit and mortgaged through zero-interest loans.
2909 Broadway BlvdGarland, TX 75041
August 20, 2021
- People Skills
- Sales Process
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- one day per week; between 4 and 8 hours per day