We are about to open our IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) sites, and we need volunteers to support us in different positions!
- Phone Scheduler: Retrieve voice mail messages and schedule appointments. No tax training needed!
- Front Desk Liaison: Welcome taxpayers as they arrive and ensure they have all their tax documents, manage walk in flow and appointments. No tax training needed!
- Interpreter: Assist with translation of tax return between taxpayer and tax preparer. No tax training needed!
- Data Reviewer: Review data from tax documents and double check that it has been correctly transferred to the return. No tax training needed!
- Certified Tax Preparer: Trained and certified as an IRS Tax Preparer to assist taxpayers with their income tax preparation. Training provided!
The sites are open Tuesday through Friday, from 4pm to 9pm, and Saturday from 9am to 9pm. Home Start helped over 3,000 families file their taxes last year and hope to exceed this number for the 2017/2018 Tax Season.
- Office Reception
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Help us pick up and store...
- Use your tax knowledge to help a...
- Are you a big fan of garage sales?
- A few hours of your week can...
- Help needed at the Thrift...
- Supported Needed in for Tax...
- Opportunities for Fundraising...
- Our Gala is coming and we need...
- HR Volunteer/Intern Needed!
- Help Pass out Food to Families...
- Are you good with kids?