Pony Power Therapies is looking for volunteers to assist with our "All HANDs In" (Horse Assisted Nature Driven) after-school enrichment program.
All HANDs In provides an interactive, farm-based, non-riding enrichment program that offers participants, ages 14 - 21, the opportunity to enjoy a unique and unparalleled after-school experience. Sample activities include Grooming horses, lead-walking horses, preparing a whole food-based afternoon snack, stall and barn management, small animal (goats & pigs) care, and planting and care of the farm's fruits and vegetables.
- Work under the direction of the Afterschool Program Coordinator/Structured Learning Instructor
- Assist program participants in activities
- Provide one on one educational or physical assistance as needed
- Set up and break down of program materials/supplies
- Attend required trainings/meetings
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENRICHMENT PROGRAM ASSISTANT
- Mandatory training with Afterschool Program Coordinator/Structured Learning Instructor.
- Minimum age of 17 years with reliable transportation
- Must be able to commit to a full semester of programing (10 to 12 weeks - Tuesday and/or Thursdays afternoon from 4 to 6 PM)
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Must be able to physically participate in a 90-minute session in both indoor and outdoor activities.
Interested volunteers can contact email@example.com or call 201-934-1001 for more information.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours weekly for 10 weeks