Service Unit Recognitions Chair- Lakeside or Santee
Looking for an uplifting volunteer role where you can make others feel appreciated?
Do you enjoy projects that allow you to get creative and work on a team?
Join Girl Scouts San Diego as a volunteer Service Unit Recognitions Chair to share your "attitude of gratitude" and encourage a culture of thankfulness. In this role, you will promote and organize ongoing recognition for volunteers and members of the community, in addition to processing applications for council awards and service unit awards.
Girl Scouts San Diego does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, or age, and its volunteer positions are open to all qualified persons.
The schedule is flexible (based on your availability), requiring approximately 10 hours per month for one year (with the possibility of annual renewal).
- Promote recognitions as an integral part of the Girl Scout program.
- Organize at least one service unit wide event for volunteers to present appropriate awards and earned recognitions.
- Educate and update service unit volunteers at monthly service unit meetings regarding applications and criteria for council awards, service unit awards and earned recognitions.
- Conduct ongoing recognition of volunteers at service unit meetings
- Promote awareness of community recognitions to increase Girl Scout visibility in your community
- Honor and live by the Girl Scout Law.
- Present regularly at scheduled service unit team and leader meetings.
- Maintain communication with service unit team and staff.
- Keep in touch with work, progress, and welfare of SU team members, troop leaders, and volunteers.
- Promote Girl Scout recognition year-round.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Services Team to develop recognitions plan.
- Promote council events and awards (Volunteer Conference and Celebration).
- Be a registered Girl Scout member in good standing with current volunteer paperwork and background clearance on file.
- Take self-study training for position prior to assuming duties, and accept responsibilities and duties outlined.
- Attend annual SU Recognitions Roundtable
- Accept and promote Girl Scouts USA and Girl Scouts San Diego recognitions and awards.
We'll work with your schedule.
SanteeSantee, CA 92071
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours/month
- Girl Scout membership