It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
8756 Canby AveNorthridgeNorthridge, CA 91325
Dinner Service Volunteer
Description: Dinner Service Volunteers will assist the staff with heating, serving, and cleaning up for the evening meal time.
- Heat pre-prepared main dish as labeled and instructed
- Make sides needed for main dish as instructed by staff (vegetables, rice, salad)
- Dish and serve plates
- Save late plates, and put leftovers away properly labeled
- Wipe down counters and equipment
- Organize pantry and fridge (when dinner host is present)
Staff will provide ongoing supervision and support.
- Staff will properly label each dish prepared according to the night it is to be served & how to properly and safely heat it.
- Staff will have a Menu present with sides needing to be prepared.
- Staff will provide necessary training on equipment, safety, and sanitation
- Volunteer must be at least 18 years of age
- Volunteer must be capable of standing for long periods
- Volunteer must be comfortable using kitchen utensils
- Able to follow good hygiene practices in relation to food preparation
- Able to follow food safety guidelines
- Ability and desire to interact positively with families from diverse backgrounds
- Able to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours per shift (5-7pm)
Commitment & Schedule
Any day Sun-Sat from 5-7pm, weekly commitment preferred for 3 months, schedule sign up sent out monthly.
Up to 5 volunteers per shift available.
- People Skills
- Food Service
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours, Weekly preferred, 3 months
- Valid Photo ID & Application
Report this opportunity