Dinner Service Volunteer
85 people are interested
Dinner Service Volunteer
Description: Dinner Service Volunteers will assist the staff with heating, serving, and cleaning up for the evening meal time.
- Heat pre-prepared main dish as labeled and instructed
- Make sides needed for main dish as instructed by staff (vegetables, rice, salad)
- Dish and serve plates
- Save late plates, and put leftovers away properly labeled
- Wipe down counters and equipment
- Organize pantry and fridge (when dinner host is present)
Staff will provide ongoing supervision and support.
- Staff will properly label each dish prepared according to the night it is to be served & how to properly and safely heat it.
- Staff will have a Menu present with sides needing to be prepared.
- Staff will provide necessary training on equipment, safety, and sanitation
- Volunteer must be at least 18 years of age
- Volunteer must be capable of standing for long periods
- Volunteer must be comfortable using kitchen utensils
- Able to follow good hygiene practices in relation to food preparation
- Able to follow food safety guidelines
- Ability and desire to interact positively with families from diverse backgrounds
- Able to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours per shift (5-7pm)
Commitment & Schedule
Any day Sun-Sat from 5-7pm, weekly commitment preferred for 3 months, schedule sign up sent out monthly.
Up to 5 volunteers per shift available.
About San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission
8756 Canby Ave., Northridge, CA 91325, US
With the support of our community, we offer: Refuge, Recovery and Restoration.
Our programs have been designed to provide homeless men, women, children and families an opportunity, not only to obtain food, shelter and basic life necessities, but also provides a foundation for individual and family restoration by developing a personalized plan based on their needs for achieving personal growth, employment, housing.
Currently, the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission provides a variety of programs serving thousands of men, women, children and families including:
* Hearty meals and hot showers to over 500 individuals at four locations each week.
* Two Super Thrift stores that not only help fund the missions activities, but provide an economical alternative for clothing and household items for individuals and families
* An emergency family shelter that provides families up to 90 days of warm and safe overnight shelter, a place to shower, and at least two meals per day.
These programs, coupled with individualized outreach and case management, offer individuals and family’s physical and emotional support, as well as the needed resources and training to help better their position in life.
We'll work with your schedule.
8756 Canby AveNorthridgeNorthridge, CA 91325
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours, Weekly preferred, 3 months
- Valid Photo ID & Application