Peciaum Education Center for Finances (PEC Finances) is a Nevada Nonprofit Corporation with IRS 501c3 tax code exempt status. PEC Finances was created to educate people on financial literacy and youth entrepreneurship with financial literacy workshops to youth (middle-high school students).
If you are a highly creative, self-starter, problem solver, we want you to serve as board member part-time (15-25 hours a quarter) for a minimum 12 months, up to 3 years.
- Knowledge of nonprofit reporting and management and ability to learn quickly
- Efficiently translate financial information and financial concepts for the board. Utilize the 990 form as the marketing tool for communicating with WoC donors
- Excellent planning leadership required to drive WoC budget information to its supporters and the board
- Strategic thinking skills to take WoC from ground zero to forecasting financial options and decisions needed for longer-term goals and mission
- Finance/Accounting degree with 3 Years of work experience in the nonprofit space or high interest to learn quickly
- Serves as the chair of the Finance/fundraising committee
- Act as the Treasurer of the organization, manage the financial affairs of the corporation, e.g., develop and enforce internal controls and financial management policies, etc.,
- Ensure accurate and complete financial reporting and proper maintenance of financial records and information/tax returns
- Keep a calendar of filing requirements and deadline are met promptly
- Have or willing to learn quickly about IRS nonprofit financial tax reporting, e.g., Form 990, and others policies
- Ability to translate economic concepts and information for board members, who do not have financial backgrounds or substantial financial experience
How to apply: email resume and cover letter to Crystal at email@example.com, call 702-907-3299 for questions.
- Financial Auditing
- Cost Analysis
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
- Attend quarterly virtual Board of Director meetings