Patient Registration is an important part of the volunteer team during clinics. They assemble the progress notes that the provider will use for the encounter, fill out the official sign in form, verify the completion of the registration forms, collect donations, put the paperwork together and locate available charts. They also assist with other tasks as they arise.
Mon, Wed and Fri 8:30am - 11:30pm or Tues, Thurs 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Trained by shadowing current volunteer before working solo.
Written Guidelines for job tasks will be provided.
One regular shift per month - one year commitment. Maximum commitment is one shift per week. Volunteers may schedule as available to fill in scheduling gaps up to two weeks in advance.
- Enthusiasm for helping the underserved.
- Readiness to learn new skills and take on responsibility.
- Detail-oriented and capable of focusing in a busy clinic environment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college preferred.
- The satisfaction of having helped uninsured families, the larger community, and the Free Clinic, which would not be able to function without its volunteers.
- Valuable health care experience and insight, useful to anyone considering a career in health care.
- A potential letter of reference, for academic and professional applications.
- The fun of being a member of an enthusiastic, diverse, and caring team of volunteers.
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check