Workforce Orientation Workshop
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where470 Pine STManchesterManchester, NH 03104
The International Institute of New England has weekly Workforce Orientations and is seeking volunteers to assist with this event. Volunteers will conduct practice interviews and provide evaluations for refugee, asylee, and immigrant clients to help develop job search skills. Professional experience in the U.S. is required, and experience conducting interviews is preferred. Training and interview questions will be provided.
- Fridays 3 to 5PM
Key responsibilities will include:
- Simulate an interview environment while following all directions.
- Conduct practice interviews with a diverse set of people with varying English skills.
- Provide honest and thoughtful evaluations to assist students with their job search processes.
- Act as a role model for students.
- Professional experience in the U.S. and an understanding of the job search/ interviewing process.
- Interest in workforce development for immigrants, refugees, and asylees.
- Excellent communication and cross-cultural skills.
- Patience speaking with non-native English speakers/non-English speakers.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum once a month