Sayariy-Resurgiendo is a Peruvian NGO working with people from disadvantaged communities, building safe spaces where children can grow up in an environment without violence but with respect and equality of opportunities. Have environmental awareness, as well as historical and cultural memory.
In Peru, English learning is a privilege for a few. In lower socio-economic communities there are even fewer resources at the schools to offer adequate teaching of optional subjects. With the international volunteer support base, we provide English classes to the children in those communities.
* Teach English in an engaging manner.
* Interact with the local teachers to improve knowledge and management.
* Provide a safe place for children to enjoy learning whilst promoting equality.
- Minimum 3 month commitment
- Min. 21+ years old
- Be dynamic and creative
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Gender equality awareness
- Ready to learn about new cultures
- Knowledge exchange
- Intermediate to advanced level of Spanish
- Good communication skills
- Teaching/Education/Child Development Degree
- Gender studies
- Previous teaching experience
- Certificate upon completion
- Training and ongoing support
- Enjoy a different culture
- Develop knowledge
- Be part of an international team
- Accommodation and utilities included in your fee
Cultural exchange helps reinforce and promote knowledge in an attempt to eliminate divisive activities. It also promotes a more inclusive, participatory and cooperative education, promoting teamwork and the strengthening of ties without gender differences.
That's why we invite you to be part of our volunteer team and share your knowledge.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Minimum 3 months
- Contribution fees to cover costs and help the NGO reach more people.