Are you at a point in your life where doing something challenging, meaningful and fun is more of an urgent concern for you than compensation? Are you ready to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great content in the public interest? Do you have extensive experience running organizations? Join our grand experiment in creating high-quality, insightful news. .
WhoWhatWhy is looking for a Wikipedia Department Manager who will be responsible for the following:
- Determine layout and goals of a Wikipedia department
- Assign specific roles to appropriate team members
- Maintain and update all WhoWhatWhy-affiliated pages with newsworthy and factual information
- Seed links to WhoWhatWhy stories in blurbs
Join a remarkable news organization and community that is making a difference, setting a new standard, and innovating on every front. A nonprofit that accepts no advertising, WhoWhatWhy is staffed largely with skilled volunteers dedicated to elevating public awareness and fostering a more vigorous democracy.
This position is pro-bono, but down the road, as we grow, we offer possibilities of compensation.
If you can commit a minimum of 3-5 hours a week, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
To apply, send us your resume and a detailed cover letter that shows you have studied our site and brand, understand what makes us different, and that explains why you are an exceptional choice for this position.
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Strong time-management, people-management skills
- Meticulous, persistent work ethic
Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations
Collaborate with smart, accomplished co-workers
Be part of an exciting, up-and-coming enterprise
Work from home on a schedule that suits you
Make a difference
How To Apply
To apply please follow the link below:
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- To be considered please submit a resume and a cover letter using the linked proved.
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Recruiter for Young Activists...
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Basecamp Content Manager
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- PUBLIC SPEAKING BOOKER