Become a Mentor to a Youth in Need
8 people are interested
Apply here: http://bellefairejcb.org/programs-and-services/mentoring/
Bellefaire JCB matches caring adult volunteers with children and adolescents through two programs: Jewish Big Brother Big Sister Association and our Mentoring Program for Foster Youth. Both of these one-on-one mentoring programs help youth become self-sufficient, healthy and productive individuals.
You have the power to make a BIG difference with little effort - just by being you. By nature, children look up to older brothers and sisters and yearn to follow in their footsteps. Being a role model and friend not only supports a youth who is facing adversities, it brings fulfillment and satisfaction to you.
Many children in our program have unresolved issues resulting from the loss of a parent or other changes at home. Others may have withdrawn from their friends and family, exhibit depression or have been reluctant to emotionally invest in relationships. Some are foster children faced with the challenges of re-starting their lives and feel isolated, detached and are struggling to succeed in school. No matter what the situation, a Big is a valuable role model who helps with homework, offers solutions to a problem, or is an ear to listen. As a role model, you will help your Little learn to build relationships, develop self-confidence and generally become a happier, stronger individual.How the Program Works
- We always have boys and girls on our waiting list and therefore have an ongoing need for big brothers and big sisters who are 21 and older.
- When you are matched with a Little, we ask that you commit to getting together with your Little twice a month for a minimum of one year. We’re pretty confident that you will want your match to last much longer!
- You have the option of where and how you spend your time with your LITTLE and how much you choose to spend. One-on-one time could be spent hiking and biking, playing catch, bowling, going to a movie, walking a dog, cooking or baking, going to the zoo, listening to music, or playing board or video games.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
22001 Fairmount Blvd.Shaker Heights, OH 44118
- Child Development
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 6-8 hours per month
- Apply here: http://bellefairejcb.org/programs-and-services/mentoring/