ODYSSEY: The Global MBA Games, dubbed by some as the MBA "Olympics" is the premier global competition and conference for business school students from the top MBA programs around the world.
We are a non-profit, organization registered in New York that was originally founded in 2009 at Columbia Business School. ODYSSEY is a volunteer organization, in collaboration with numerous leading brands, including Columbia’s Center on Global Brand Leadership, the Luxury Education Foundation, Pernod Ricard and PRME - an initiative of the United Nations Global Compact. Our mission is to support the development of the next generation of leaders.
We are currently looking for an EVENT DIRECTOR who will help us to prepare and run the event during March 23-24, 2018 in New York City at the United Nations and Columbia University premises. A competent Event Director will oversee and organize MBA ODYSSEY 2018 and will not leave anything about the event to chance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan event from start to finish per requirements, target audience and objectives
- Work closely with the Board of Directors regarding details of the event
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Work with tight budget and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event (goodie bags, booklets, banners, certificates, etc.)
- Supervise all staff (all volunteers, caterers etc.)
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Although the role is virtual when it comes to preparations and post-event analysis, however there is a need for being on site for both days: March 23 & 24 th, 2018 (two NYC locations, approx. 20 hours total)
Some of the requirements that you should possess:
- Event management experience with excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
Please note this is a volunteering (non-paid) positions that requires approx. 20 hours on site and a few additional hours of preparations weekly for the next two months. We can promise you will gain extra experience in event management, marketing, business development, public relations and create great network of business people. If interested reach out to email@example.com. Looking forward welcoming you into our team!
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours on site during couple of days